Minimum Temperature: 16°C (61°F)
Wind Direction: North Easterly
In June 1899, Queen's Park was opened by Mr W.B.Paget to celebrate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee and to promote a healthy town. Four acres of land were laid out as a park.
In 1902 the Bandstand was officially opened, and by 1914 it had been moved to its current position.
Between 1905 and 1907 an additional 6 acres of land were acquired from the adjoining dye works and development continued.
In 1916 the final piece land was purchased to complete the park as the size and shape we know it today.
On 22nd January 1922 the foundation stones were laid for the Carillon Tower which was opened on 27th July 1923. By 1928 the stone balustrade around the Carillon Tower was in place as well as the ornate New Street gate. Since this time the park has remained largely unchanged in its layout.
Queen's Park Today
Queen's Park is well used as a place to play, relax or learn. Being in the centre of Loughborough it is easily reached by foot, bicycle, car or bus. Pay and display car parking is available adjacent to the park off Granby Street.
The Park houses a variety of facilities and attractions for all the family including:
•Under 12s Destination play area installed in 2008
•Challenging activities for young people involving
balancing, swinging and climbing.
•Carillon Tower War Memorial and Museum